Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Giant chalk painted mirror




I am in the process of remodeling my great room and removed this giant mirror from above the fireplace. Loved it so much had to find a place for it. I wanted it in the bedroom but my walls are so dark I thought it would blend in. Time to test my creative skills again and to Chalk Paint. I got a recipe online at http://www.paintmeshabby.com/make-you-own-chalk-paint-recipe-2/ and painted it twice (first a patina that I did not like) and then ended up with an antique cream that I love.


                                                                  Here is the before




and here is after





I think it adds dimension to the room and LOVE it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Constructive Therapy | All Rights Reserved | Web Design by Debbie Navarro | Powered by Blogger