Thursday, March 14, 2013

Brilliant metals refinished furniture



I remodeled my bedroom and decided to keep and refinish my nightstands, I wanted something South Beach and light. Here is the before and after....

I lightly smoothed down the top, primarily
because there were water marks and swell marks.



This is the first coat of base paint


Let the first coat dry for at least 4 hours (or overnight) then apply
Valspar Metallic top coat. I switched out top 4 knobs with new ones from Lowes.



Finished product! Not bad for my first go round! NOTE: the paint itself is kind of a pain, it likes to bubble and separate you have to keep your eye on it and smooth it out before it dries. I would use it again (and will because I have 3/4 gallon left!) but there might be some easier to work with paints available.
The Base is Valspar Gallon size EE2046c, Dust storm Signature interior semi gloss.
The top coat is Brilliant Metals Pearl Base 214271. shimmering Bronze.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Constructive Therapy | All Rights Reserved | Web Design by Debbie Navarro | Powered by Blogger